Donate to Autism Speaks Canada
Autism Speaks Canada's mission is to change the future for all who struggle with autism spectrum disorders. They are dedicated to funding global research, raising public awareness about autism, and bringing hope to all who deal with the hardships of this disorder. Autism Speaks Canada aims to bring the autism community together as one strong voice to urge the government and private sector to listen to the concerns of children and families who live with autism and to take action to address this urgent global health crisis.
How we help
Toys"R"Us Canada became a proud National sponsor of Autism Speaks Canada in 2010. Toys"R"Us U.S. is a long time sponsor of Autism Speaks U.S. and with Toys"R"Us Canada can now make a difference right across North America.
- Every March and April we run a support campaign where we sell Autism Speaks puzzle pieces in our stores and online.
- We are a National sponsor for the Walk Now for Autism Speaks Canada program.
- We provide French translation services to Autism Speaks Canada.
Since our partnership with Autism Speaks launched, Toys"R"Us Canada and our customers have combined to provide Autism Speaks Canada with more than $6 million.
Today, 1 in 68 children are diagnosed with autism, making it more common than pediatric cancer, diabetes, and AIDS combined. It occurs in all racial, ethnic, and social groups and is four times more likely to strike boys than girls. The prevalence has increased 600% over the last 20 years making it the fastest growing developmental disorder in the world.
Visit the Autism Speaks Canada website at http://www.autismspeaks.ca
WALK NOW FOR AUTISM SPEAKS CANADA
Toys"R"Us is a proud National Sponsor of Walk Now for Autism Speaks Canada.
Toys"R"Us teams will be walking in the following events to raise awareness and funds to support Autism Speaks Canada.
|McGill University – Tomlinson Fieldhouse, Montreal, QC||May 27th|
|The Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex, Waterloo, ON||June 3rd|
|Bell Sensplex, Ottawa, ON||June 3rd|
|Nathan Phillips Square – City Hall, Toronto, ON||June 3rd|
|Budweiser Gardens, London, ON||June 10th|
|Archibald Arena, Saskatoon, SK||June 10th|
|Rundle Park, Edmonton, AB||September 9th|
|Goodlife Fitness Family Autism Hub, Vancouver, BC||September 30th|
- Canadian Walk events begin in May and run through October.
- Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us Employees participate in these events by forming walk teams in their local communities, hosting interactive tented areas that feature the "Ten Toys That Speak To Autism" and raising even more funds for Autism Speaks Canada.
- Toys"R"Us mascot Geoffrey the Giraffe makes special appearances at all Walks, encouraging participants to help solve the autism puzzle.