As the leading toy and baby retailer in Canada, Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us Canada are committed to giving back to our communities. We focus our charity efforts on helping children and their families when they need us most, supporting children with special needs, keeping kids safe and offering support to all children.
We're very proud to say that our Employees and Customers have raised over $2.5 million every year for charities that help kids, including in-Store and on-site campaigns, golf tournaments, and Gala sponsorships.
AUTISM SPEAKS CANADA
Autism Speaks Canada is a Canadian charitable organization operating coast to coast. They are dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families by supporting and working with community partners; enhancing resources and services; increasing understanding, acceptance and inclusion; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Their vision is to enhance lives today and build a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow.
HOW WE HELP
Toys R Us Canada is a proud supporter of Autism Speaks Canada. Together we have raised over $10 million in our 10 years of partnership; making a significant impact by improving access to programs and helping to increase understanding and acceptance of people with autism across Canada.
- We are the National Sponsor for the Autism Speaks Canada Walk, that takes place at multiple locations across Canada.
- We are the National Sponsor for the Autism Speaks Canada Family Services Community Grants program, that helps increase access to services and supports for individuals and families.
- Toys R Us personnel have taken leadership roles in Autism Speaks Canada Board of Directors and have provided French translation services for key projects.
- Every March and April we run an instore campaign and allow consumers to make a social impact through point of sale donations.
- In celebration of their 10-year partnership, Toys “R” Us Canada has launched their first developmental play packs, specifically designed for kids with autism to help encourage developmental skills. 10% of sales from all Developmental Play Packs are donated to Autism Speaks Canada.
Today, 1 in 66 children and youth are diagnosed with autism in Canada. It occurs in all racial, ethnic, and social groups and is four times more common in boys than girls. The prevalence has increased over the last 20 years making it the fastest growing neurological disorder in the world. We are proud of our partnership with Autism Speaks Canada and encourage you to visit their website at http://www.autismspeaks.ca to learn more.
AUTISM SPEAKS CANADA WALK
Toys"R"Us is a proud National Sponsor of Walk Now for Autism Speaks Canada.
Every year Toys"R"Us teams walk at the local Autism Speaks Canada walk events to help raise awareness and understanding of people with autism and aid much needed supports and services. To learn more about Autism Speaks Canada Walks visit www.ASCWalk.ca
AUTISM SPEAKS CANADA FAMILY SERVICES COMMUNITY GRANTS
Toys"R"Us is a proud National Sponsor of Autism Speaks Canada Family Services Community Grants program. This program is designed to improve the quality of life for individuals with autism and their families by acting locally and thinking nationally.
Since 2010, over $4.5 million has been granted to over 335 organizations across Canada to increase their capacity through the creation, expansion and development of programs to support individuals and families impacted by autism. To learn more about the program, visit https://www.autismspeaks.ca/science-services-resources/family-services/family-services-community-grants/
STARLIGHT CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION CANADA
Starlight Children's Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for seriously ill children and their families. Working with more than 130 hospitals across Canada, the Foundation provides an impressive menu of both in-hospital and outpatient programs and services. A leader in delivering distractive entertainment therapies, worldwide over 85,000 children benefit from Starlight's programs each month and over 12,000 in Canada alone.
HOW WE HELP
- Each year in November and December our Employees and Customers raise funds through the sale and purchase of Starlight Stars in Stores and online.
- We are the proud Presenting sponsor of the annual Starlight Foundation Gala which raises more than $800,000 annually.
- Toys"R"Us also supports "hospital happenings" and sponsors a series of initiatives for Starlight parents and families including:
- 44,000 Starlight Fun Kits were sent to children in healthcare facilities across Canada in 2015.
- Over 350 Starlight Fun Centers are currently in hospitals throughout Canada. With each gaming system being played over 5,000 times a year, it means children in healthcare facilities across Canada used our Fun Centers over 1.2 million times.
Since our partnership began in 1998, Toys"R"Us Canada has donated more than $16 million to the Starlight Children's Foundation.
Visit the Starlight website at http://www.starlightcanada.org