We’re here to serve you:
Shop in person* OR choose from contact-free, speedy options below:
*At reduced customer capacity in some stores.
Shop online, drive to your local store and we’ll load your order into your vehicle. It’s fast, safe, easy and free.
On orders over $50 (before taxes). Powered by DoorDash: shop online and get your order delivered to your home, contact-free.
Your Shopping Experience During Covid-19
Safety is incredibly important to us: for our customers and for our staff. In order to make all our stores safe and welcoming, we’ve implemented the following protocols:
- Managers screen each employee prior to their shift using a wellness questionnaire that includes temperature checks. We record the results in individual employee screening logs.
- We provide all employees with masks and require their proper use: covering both nose and mouth.
- We screen all vendors and visitors prior to entry and require them to wear masks in the store at all times.
- We post COVID-19 screening and mask requirement posters in clear view at all entrances and use floor decals in checkout lanes to help maintain physical distancing.
- We protect staff and customers in checkout lanes with plexiglass dividers.
- We frequently clean and sanitize high-touch areas.
- We disinfect shopping carts and cashier counters after each customer use.
- We provide a contact-free, Curbside Pick-up option online for customers who do not wish to shop in-store.
10 reasons to choose Curbside Pick-up
- Save on shipping and leave room in your budget for more great gifts!
- Free yourself from obsessively tracking your order – you decide when to pick it up.
- Avoid shipping backlogs and delays.
- Be confident that your gifts won’t be lost or damaged en route to you.
- Almost-instant gratification: perfect for getting last-minute gifts.
- Guard against spoilers! No more packages at your door for kids to see.
- Create a safe, satisfying errand: get out of the house and interact at a distance with friendly staff.
- Save yourself a trip into the store: perfect for high-risk persons or those with reduced mobility.
- Manage your own time: pick up your order when it works for you – no appointment necessary.
- Reduce waste with less packing material.
Placing your curbside order
Shop online as usual: products with a green checkmark beside FREE STORE PICKUP are eligible for Curbside Pick-up. Our site automatically chooses the store closest to you as your pick-up location: this is shown next to GET IT FAST. If you wish, just choose Change Store to select the option that is best for you.
Add the item to your cart by clicking the green FREE STORE PICKUP button. Repeat this step for each item you wish to purchase.
Go to your Shopping Cart. Your pick-up location will be clearly identified for each product. With this option selected, you can either pick up your item in-store or curbside – no need to choose just yet.
Complete your checkout: we’ll send an email to confirm that we’ve received your order. This is not your notice to come to the store. Within four hours, we’ll send a second email to let you know your order is ready for pick-up. Please wait to receive this this email before you head to the store.
Picking up your curbside order
When you receive your pick-up notification email, make sure you have lots of room in your vehicle for your items, and head to your selected store.
When you arrive at the store, you’ll see signs in the parking lot directing you to the Curbside Pick-up area. Park in an empty space and call the number posted. Please stay in your vehicle.
The associate on the phone will ask for your name and order number, so please have your confirmation email accessible. Staff will place your order directly in your vehicle while maintaining physical distance after confirming your name and order number.
Once your vehicle is loaded and your order is verified, you’ll get the all-clear from our team and you can be on your way!
Curbside Pick-up FAQ
FREE Same-day delivery on orders over $50 (before taxes). Powered by DoorDash.
6 reasons to choose Same-day delivery
- Kids asleep? Calls scheduled? No need to arrange your day around leaving the house.
- You can watch your order on its journey from our shelves to your doorstep.
- Avoid shipping backlogs and delays.
- Perfect for those last-minute gifts.
- Safeguard those surprises: you can see exactly when your order is expected to arrive.
- Reduce waste with less packing material.
How Same-Day Delivery works
- Shop online as usual: you’ll see your delivery options on the right side of the product page. If the item is available for Same-Day Delivery, please enter your postal code in the box to confirm that your location is eligible.
- Once you’ve confirmed that the item and postal code qualify, select the orange SAME-DAY DELIVERY button and add to your shopping cart. (You can also change your delivery method in the cart before checkout.)
- Complete checkout: service charges apply and will be confirmed before you submit your order.
- We’ll send an order confirmation via email. From this point, text notifications allow you to track your order in real time! (Note: text notifications are not available in Quebec.)
Same-day delivery FAQ
Virtual shopping is here!
How Virtual shopping works
- Contact your local store by calling or sending them an email. You can start virtually shopping immediately, but if stores are busy, they will setup an appointment time for your experience
- The store will connect with you via FaceTime or preferred video application and the shopping begins! Staff will provide recommendations, take you through the store and provide close-up demonstrations of the product or items you're interested in. Staff will build a cart for you online for items you're interested in.
- When you're all done - staff will checkout for you online and process your order as either a curbside order or delivery to your home via door dash. If using curbside, staff will take payment when you arrive to pick-up your order right from your car! DoorDash orders will be processed online through our website.
Get started by booking with your local store!
12 year-old Aiden Hepburn Steps Into His Dream Job as Toys“R”Us Canada’s New Chief Play Officer!
TORONTO, ON, March 4th 2021 - The secret is out! Toys“R”Us Canada is thrilled to announce 12 year-old Aiden Hepburn as their new Chief Play Officer (CPO). The CPO will act as Toys“R”Us Canada’s spokesperson spreading the wonders of play to parents and children across the country - talk about a dream job!
“When I found out I was the next Chief Play Officer, I couldn't believe it!” says Aiden. “What kid wouldn't want to be in my position? I get to play with and review the latest and greatest new toys! I can't wait to see what this year will bring!”
Testing out the hottest new toys and guiding gift givers with top toy picks for every occasion are all in a day’s work for Toys“R”Us Canada’s CPO. The search was not easy. Since the hunt for a new CPO began in the summer, Toys“R”Us received hundreds of video applicants from all across Canada featuring children aged 10-12 hoping to snag the role. Each submission was a unique, personal presentation fit for any boardroom, individually crafted to show their passion for play and knowledge for all things toys.
“Hiring for the Chief Play Officer position gets tougher every year as we have so many talented candidates to choose from,” said Vic Bertrand, CEO of Toys“R”Us Canada. “Aiden’s confidence and charisma is what set him apart. It was clear during our interviews that he has the ability to connect and inspire those around him and has the confidence to bring the fun and joy of the Toys“R”Us brand to life. “We know that Aiden will inspire and delight Canadians from coast to coast.”
As Aiden steps into the coveted role, 2020’s CPO, Meganne Dagenais, will be retiring to focus on school. “We’re grateful for the time Meganne spent with us as CPO and wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors”, says Vic.
The CPO's responsibilities will bring to life all of the fun that happens behind the scenes at Toys“R”Us. To do his job right, Aiden will have firsthand access to exclusive toy information from top global and local toy brands, including training sessions and upcoming product launches. With this inside scoop, he will guide everyone on which of the hottest toys to add to the top of any wish list.
First up on Aiden’s To-Do list will be a virtual broadcast tour to share Toys“R”Us Canada’s Top Toys for Easter. Aiden will also be seen throughout the year sharing the latest toy trends via online and promotional videos, and will be attending various events and in-store activations.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, INTERVIEWS OR MEDIA REQUESTS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Aimee Cook, Account Manager
Paige Exell, Jr. Account Manager
About Toys"R"Us (Canada) Ltd. (“Toys"R"Us Canada”)
Toys"R"Us Canada has been Canada’s dedicated specialty retailer of toys and baby products since 1984. The company brings national brands, exclusive products, innovative loyalty programs and unique partnerships to Canadians at its over 80 stores across Canada and through its e-commerce sites Toysrus.ca and Babiesrus.ca. Committed to giving back to its communities, the company focuses its charity efforts on supporting children and their families – whether enhancing resources and services, helping development through play or offering encouragement to seriously ill children. Toys"R"Us Canada is a subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited. Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us are registered trademarks owned by Toys"R"Us (Canada) Ltd. All rights reserved.